ANTF Travelling Fellowship
The Australian Nutrition Trust Fund Travelling Fellowship was established to assist NSA nutrition scientists to visit laboratories and facilities either interstate or overseas.
The aim of this award is to build collaborative links with international institutes and researchers, learn new research techniques in the field of nutrition science and implement new techniques or new research programs in nutrition science in Australia.
The ANTF Travelling Fellowship is awarded to an NSA member who:
- is a financial member of the Society for a minimum of two consecutive years
- is actively engaged in research in the field of nutrition science
- holds a PhD or equivalent degree
- is an established Postdoctoral Fellow or an early to mid-career academic
- has less than 15 years post PhD experience.
Nomination and assessment procedures
Nominations for the award must be emailed to the Nutrition Society of Australia at email@example.com as a single pdf attachment titled: yoursurname.pdf and with an email subject line titled: ANTF Travelling Fellowship Application 20XX - [name of nominee]
The application must include a:
- application form [provide a link to pdf of form]
- track record statement (2 pages)
- list of publications from the past 5 years
- cover letter addressing the aims outlined above, and expected outcomes (up to 500 words)
- projected budget including other sources of support
- letter of acceptance from the host laboratory or institute
- letter of approval from current Head of Department or Head of Laboratory
- evidence of current financial NSA membership.
Please refer to this example application when completing your application.
Additional benefits and expectations
- The Australian Nutrition Trust Fund Travelling Fellowships award prize is $2,000 to assist NSA nutrition scientists to visit laboratories and facilities either interstate or overseas. As a guide, the Travelling Fellowship would normally be 1 to 4 weeks in length.
- The Travelling Fellowship must be completed within 12 months of the award. If this condition cannot reasonably be met, the award will be forfeited.
- At the end of the Fellowship, the award winner must submit a final report of up to 1500 words to the Secretariat of the Nutrition Society of Australia (NSA). This report will be posted on the NSA website and may be referred to in the NSA e-newsletter.
- On receipt of the final report, funding will be provided to the awardee.
Presentation of the award
The award is presented at the Society’s Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) by the President of the Society (or his/her nominee). Selection of successful applicants will be made by the Trustees of the Australian Nutrition Trust Fund (ANTF).
ANTF Travelling Fellowship Recipients
PHN Placement Funding Report